The Regulations define the rules for the provision of services on the site www.ampero.eu . In particular, the conditions at establishment and termination of purchase orders, and the complaints procedure. The owner of the website is ASPAR s.c. A. Siciński, A. Sobczyński with registered office in Chwaszczyno, at Oliwska 112, Tax Identification VAT Number: PL5862108040, Statistical No (REGON): 192919168, hereinafter referred to as "Supplier".
A party in the agreements made with ASPAR s.c. can be exclusively an adult natural person or a legal person and an organizational unit without legal personality, to which separate provisions grant legal personality, further called a Customer.
The Polish version of this regulations is binding and the other language version is for information purposes only.
§1 Defining of the scope of activity
§2 The technical requirements necessary to work with the ICT system
§3 Ordering terms and conditions
§4 Delivery of goods
§5 Complaints procedure
§6 Personal data protection
The terms used herein shall be:
Supplier - the owner of the service, the operator of the On-line Store.
User - the person making the registration on the ON-line Store – www.ampero.eu
Customer - natural person, who is at least 18 years old, and has a full capacity to act in law,
legal person, organizational unit without a legal personality, which the law grants a legal capacity, purchasing products through the On-line Store.
Consumer - natural person performing a legal act not directly related to its business or professional activity (art. 22 of the Civil Code).
Regulations – these Regulations of online store www.ampero.pl .
Account – subpage of the On-line Store, accessible by the user after registering at the On-line Store. In the Account User can place orders, check the status of their orders, edit datas related to the execution of the orders.
On-line Store - Internet service is available at www.ampero.eu through which the User may place the orders.
Contract of Sale - legal agreement of sale of products as defined in the Civil Code and Consumer Protection Act, transacted from a distance between the On-line Store and the Customer, using distant means of communication.
1. Service allows to buy products 24 hours a day via the Internet. To place an order registration is not required. Users, who within the framework of permanent cooperation have negotiated special prices can see these prices after logged.
2. Service allows to place the orders using mobile devices.
3. Supplier is not responsible for technical problems or technical restrictions that exist in the hardware or the software used by the User that prevent or hinder the User to use the Service.
4. The User is obliged to use the On-line Store in a manner consistent with the law and morality. The User is obliged to enter data in line with the facts. A recipient spaces non-delivery of illegal content.
1. In order to conclude the The Contract of Sale through the On-line Store it is necessary to:
1.1. creating an Account and log to your account
1.2. reading carefully description of the goods presented in On-line Store, checking goods prices (The prices are in EUR, excluding VAT – net), reading carefully these terms of sale before placing an order
1.3. correct, complete filling the order form by:
1.3.1. choice of goods, quantity and clicking on the "add to cart" on the On-line Store.
1.3.2. choice the method of delivery, payment method, enter the place of delivery of goods.
1.4. confirm the intention to conclude the contract of sale under the conditions specified in the offer by clicking the "confirm order".
2. Until clicking "confirm order", User may at any time change before the selection to the extent specified in point. 1.3 of these terms by deselecting previously selected options or interrupt the process of purchase of goods and cancel the purchase of goods.
3. When the User clicks on the "confirm order" to the User is sent a message via e-mail at the address given during registering accounts, confirming all the conditions of contract of sale.
4. The Customer, after the conclusion of the Contract of Sale and receipt of ordered goods, receives proof of purchase: a VAT invoice.
5. Customers from the European Union are obliged to give:
- Name of company,
- European registration VAT number,
- Company address,
6. Customers from the European Union are obliged to give their European registration VAT number in order to make purchases at 0% VAT rate. A Customer can be charged for Polish tax on goods and services (VAT) if they do not present ASPAR s.c. the confirmation of European registration VAT number validity on the day of the agreement conclusion with ASPAR s.c. or if this number is invalid on the day of the goods delivery. A Customer will be charged with the Polish tax on goods and services also when they ship the goods abroad on their own and when they do not provide us with the confirmation of exporting the goods to another European Union’s country. When the VAT rate is higher than 0% the invoice will be issued in polish currency - PLN. EUR exchange rate will be converted into PLN according to the average EUR/PLN exchange rate announced by the National Bank of Poland on the last workday preceding the invoice issuance date.
7. In accordance with the Art. 59 of Polish Civil Code, the owner’s right for the goods is transferred to a Customer at the moment of total payment for ordered goods.
1. Delivery of purchased products is carried out by sending with the selected carrier to the specified address in the order form. Delivery of goods is carried out only to European Union countries.
2. Receipt of goods at the ASPAR s.c. headquarters located at 112 Oliwska street is impossible.
3. Costs of shipment are incurred by a Customer.
1. In case of the purchased Product is being faulty or defective, it is possible to fold the customer complaint by sending goods back, along with a copy of purchase document and the notification of complaint, to the address:
ul. Oliwska 112
2. Notification of complaint should include the following informations:
- company name
- first name and last name of complaintant
- Address for correspondence (including e-mail and phone number)
- a copy of purchase document
- the subject of the complaint
- reason for complaint
3. After receiveing the complaint notification and the goods concerned we check the legitimacy of a given complaint. In case of accepting the complaint, it is possible to reimburse the money or exchange of the goods into ones without defects.
4. The Customer will receive information about the result of investigating Customers complaint within 14 days, counting from the day of receiving the product by ASPAR s.c.
5. Quantity complaints can be reported not later than 7 working days from the date of receiving the shipment.
1. ASPAR s.c. undertakes to process a Customer’s personal data on the terms specified in the appropriate law regulations which apply to this area. By accepting these ASPAR s.c. Terms of Conditions, a Customer expresses their consent to process their personal data by ASPAR s.c. in connection with the execution of sales agreements for the goods offered. A Customer is entitled to all the rights resulting from the Act of 29 August, 1997 on Personal Data Protection (Journal of Laws Number 101 item 926 of 6 July 2002 with later changes).
1. The Regulations shall be effective upon their publication on the Store website.
2. The Supplier shall reserve the right to introduce changes in the content of the Regulations.
3. In the event of a lack of appropriate provisions of the Regulations to address a particular issue, the provisions of Polish law shall be applicable, including in particular the Act of 23 April 1964. Civil Code (Uniform text: Journal of Laws 2014.121).
4. In the case when a court or another relevant body decides that the Terms of Conditions are non-compliant with the Polish law or principles of social coexistence, the provisions of Polish law shall be applicable, including in particular the Act of 23 April 1964, instead of the non-compliant provision. Civil Code (Uniform text: Journal of Laws 2014.121). The provisions of the Terms of Conditions which have not been found to be non-compliant with the Polish law or principles of social coexistence shall remain effective and in force.
5. Any disputes arising in connection with the Regulations shall be settled amicably by the Parties, and in the event of a lack of amicable resolution, the court of competent jurisdiction over the seat of ASPAR s.c. shall be the relevant body for settling such dispute.
6. Placing an order shall be understood as the approval of the provisions of these Terms of Conditions.